Floater Medical Assistant- Podiatry (Miami Lakes)
Web Job Near Me
Job near me
Job DescriptionPodiatry Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant will support and assist the Primary Care Providers (PCP), and Specialists at the medical centers in the delivery of high-quality medical care. Podiatry experience is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs pre-visit planning 48 hours in anticipation of patient visit to ensure a meaningful, high quality experience
• Ensures that all vital signs are entered into the patient record in preparation for the visit with the PCP and alerts the PCP of any abnormalities or patient comments that need to be addressed
• Performs medication reconciliation on the day of the patient visit including over the counter medications and allergies
• Assist the primary care provider with the completion of Health Risk Assessments.
• Ensure that all patient rooms are clean, organized and that any instrument needed for a visit is available for the PCP and or Specialist
• Review all recommendations that the PCP has entered into the patient record and ensure that the patient has clear understanding of all instructions prior to leaving the office and the importance of compliance with all recommended medications
• Review at the end of each day with the PCP, all patients that did not come for their established appointments to see the reason for the appointment and reschedule the appointment accordingly
• Serve as an advocate to ensure patient compliance with preventive screenings and immunizations
• Comply with HIPAA requirements for patient confidentiality
• Ensure that all calls from patients and physicians are addressed daily by the PCP
• Ensure that all patients have an outstanding patient experience and that all their medical needs have been met
• Comply with regular attendance and hours of operations policy.
• Work in collaboration with the PCP on high risk patients and other patients identified as needing additional support
• Perform phlebotomy when assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Active, unrestricted Medical Assistant Certification required from an accredited
institution/organization as Certified Medical Assistant (CMA); or, Registered
Medical Assistant (RMA): or, National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA); or,
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
• Basic CPR certificate for both adults and children required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a geriatric clinical setting preferred
• Experience in executing treatments within scope of practice
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must have the ability to learn and practice office procedures, policies, and protocols
• Required to have a command of the English and Spanish language and be proficient
with grammar, spelling, and verbal skills to communicate with patients, providers, and
staff in written and oral communication
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita www.ziprecruiter.com.
More Jobs for you