Paralegal - HYBRID
Web Job Near Me
Job near me
MARKS, O’NEILL, O’BRIEN, DOHERTY & KELLY, one of the Northeast’s premier defense firms, seeks to hire a highly qualified and experienced Insurance Defense Paralegal to work in our growing New York City office or our Tarrytown, New York. Current or most recent employment in the role of an insurance defense paralegal a plus. This is a mostly remote position. Excellent salary and benefits package.
· Conduct research to support legal proceedings;
· Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents (motions, pleadings, discovery responses);
· Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes;
· Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations;
· Obtain, review, and summarize records;
· Communications with opposing counsel, deponents, doctors’ offices, hospitals, record departments;
· Schedule IMEs’ with all the supporting documents and communications;
· Prepare cases for trial;
· Identify and contact experts; and
· Develop and maintain data banks.
· Prior law firm experience is required;
· Experience with insurance defense practice is required;
· Must possess bachelor’s degree; paralegal certificate is preferred;
· Applicant must be detail-oriented, well organized, and a team player who is able to work independently on assigned projects;
· Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
· Deadline and detail-oriented.
Marks, O’Neill, O’Brien, Doherty & Kelly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where we have offices.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita www.ziprecruiter.com.