Church/ Parish Administrator
Web Job Near Me
Job near me
Parish Administrator (25 hrs/ wk Sept- June, fewer in July/ August by mutual agreement)
Parish of the Good Shepherd, Waban, MA
Parish of the Good Shepherd seeks a Parish Administrator to manage its church office, bookkeeping, assist clergy, support parish volunteers and leaders, and oversee daily operations of the parish. The parish administrator plays a vital part in maintaining the parish office and community presence during the week.
We seek the following skills:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Experience in a church setting and familiarity with the Episcopal Church preferred
Proven organizational skills
Detail oriented and proofreading skills
Multitasking and problem-solving skills
Project management skills with ability to anticipate and meet deadlines
Ability to work with confidential information
Advanced computer skills (MS Office, web site management, Mailchimp)
Bookkeeping, working with parish Treasurer
o Record donations and make bank deposits
o Keep financial records and issue checks
o Knowledge of Church Windows or similar program preferred
o Ability to work with Treasurer to keep parish finances in good order
Ability to learn new skills and improve skillset.
Professional, respectful communications with parish, staff, and community.
Printing, copying, postage, office management.
This position reports to the Rector (Sr. Minister) and works in collaboration with the Treasurer. The Administrator works collaboratively with other staff, parishioners, and community. This position is 25 hrs./ week, M-F, 9:45 to 3:15, with a midday break for meals. During July and August, the weekly hours are diminished by mutual agreement. Additional hours are required in the time leading up to Christmas, Easter, and other events in the life of the parish.
Primary areas of Responsibility:
• The production and distribution of online, hardcopy, and web communications • Regular and seasonal mailings
• Weekly worship bulletins—print and electronic versions
• Weekly e-mail newsletter via Mailchimp
• Weekly newsletter and mailings as needed (Constant Contact) • Produces Annual Meeting booklet and Stewardship materials • Social media updates in Facebook
• Weekly deposit of donations and other income
• Weekly financial entries in Church Windows
• Monthly payroll prepared and submitted to Ministry Works (payroll service) • Regular bill payment and reimbursements
• M-F office presence and expected to maintain set office hours • Facilitate communications between areas of staff and ministry • Interface with parish and third parties for space usage
• Provides administrative support to clergy, volunteers, and staff members • Handles general correspondence and inquiries through phone and email • Manages office and orders supplies as needed
Weekly/ Ongoing Responsibilities:
Maintain Parish database
Weekly reminders to those serving on subsequent Sunday
Enter pledges into database; print and mail thank you letters
Print and mail or email quarterly donation statements to donors
Update employees in payroll system; Obtain required documents for those hired
Maintain personnel files
Maintain office equipment and manage contracts
4. Restate the monthly payroll bullet to read «Prepare monthly payroll and timely enter
into payroll system serviced by MinistryWorks
Hourly compensation at a competitive rate with paid vacation, paid holidays, and generous 403(b) retirement matching contributions.
The ideal candidate will begin no later than September 1, 2022, with an overlap period in coordination with retiring parish administrator. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Good Shepherd does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Para solicitar este trabajo envía un correo electrónico con tus detalles a email@example.com
More Jobs for you