Clinical Program Manager, (RN) Admitting & Throughput; Full Time Nights
Web USA JOBS
JOBS IN THE UNITED STATES
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Program Manager is a Registered Professional Nurse who participates in the coordination of clinical programs and services for designated patient populations, collaborates with clinical teams to facilitate patient admissions, discharges, intra-hospital and inter-facility transfer processes and is responsible for assuring compliance with mandated clinical interventions inclusive of core measures within the medical center. Oversees daily health center activities, which includes policy and program development, staff training, hiring/interviewing new staff, patient assessments, and managing patient emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates assignment of beds based on appropriate level of care and patient aggregation from the Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Direct Admissions, patient transfers within the hospital and transfers from other hospitals identified by the Transfer Center. Includes all entry points into the organization.
2. Promotes optimum utilization of hospital beds by conducting rounds and communicating with admission planners, admitting staff, Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Transfer Center and staff on the patient care units regarding bed availability, current census and admission needs.
3. In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates performance improvement activities within designated clinical specialties, that include but are not limited to: the verification of isolation and infectious precautions patient populations, constant observation and patient restraints review, risk management activities identifying and communicating issues of risk, discharge planning and follow-up, patient and family education and quality improvement programs. Oversees compliance to these operations by using data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes.
4. Develops and designs action plans to support performance and provides support and educational resources to departments and services for optimal care delivery.
5. Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of all throughput activity data to evaluate operational performance and competence Coordinates 6AM Census, Bed Management Updates, and collect and report monthly data as needed. Addresses and resolves daily issues arising from increased census and decreased bed availability. Promotes patient, family and physician satisfaction regarding bed assignments.
6. Intervenes in conflicts as needed. Liaises with Nursing and Providers to facilitate patient discharges, inter-facility and intra-hospital transfer processes.
7. Coordinates accurate, current/up-to-date census and patient bed availability information. Provides timely status reports of results of assignments including identification of patterns and trends that require actions
8. Takes the initiative to anticipate problems, uses creative thinking and generates reports as required. Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment, including bringing environment and equipment problems to the attention of specified leadership personnel.
9. Serves as a clinical role model and professional resource to staff and other members of the health care team. Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care.
10. Aware of and responsive to budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
11. Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department. Assigns tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
12. Maintains attendance and punctuality record in accordance with departmental standards. Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agency surveys.
14. May need to work variable shifts/hours and weekends.
15. Other duties assigned as required.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
2. Current New York State License with current registration as a registered professional nurse
3. Master’s in Nursing or health related field is preferred.
4. Nursing Certification in specialty area preferred
1. Five (5) years hospital nursing experience
2. Two (2) years of critical care experience, preferred
3. Two (2) years of management and supervisory experience, preferred
4. One (1) year of Bed Management experience preferred
5. Demonstrates interpersonal and problem solving skills required
6. Super-user in EPIC preferred.
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita careers.mountsinai.org.